Forever Cabinets by Kendrick knows you are proud of your home and your new cabinetry. With a little effort and a few precautions, you can keep your cabinetry looking as good as new for many years. The following information will help maintain the beauty and luster of the original finish.
- Dust once or twice a month between polish applications.
- Polish cabinets 3-4 times a year with wax free and silicone free polish.
- Apply polish to a clean, soft, lint-free, cotton cloth and wipe in the direction of the wood grain.
- Never apply polish directly to the surface you are cleaning.
- Work on a small area at a time and wipe completely dry before moving to the next area.
- Forever Cabinets recommends the use of Guardsman Furniture Polish.
- Clean spills and splatters immediately, exposing your cabinets to to spills, food or liquids for an extended period of time may discolor your cabinet finish.
- Never use a dishtowel to wipe your cabinets as it may contain remnants of grease.
- Never use harsh detergents, glass cleaner, or ammonia products on your cabinets.
- Forever Cabinets recommends the use of Guardsman Cabinet Cleaner to remove grease, oils, and smoke film.
- Using your cook top fan will draw steam and grease away from your cabinets.
- Keep the indoor humidity levels between 30 to 50 percent, with the ideal level being about 45%.
- Water and wood don’t mix, be sure to always wipe up water immediately.
- When mopping your floors, don’t use mops dripping with water. Excess water could be absorbed by your toe kick and cause finish damage.